Thursday 28 April 2011

Akon interview

“There is a wide range of music in India. Singing is a part of art, and Indians understand music a lot here," says Akon. We caught up with him to talk about Bollywood, India, his first Indian song and much more.

Indian fans
I was surprised to know how many fans I have here in India, especially in North and South India. They love me so much! So, I decided to tour in Bangalore, Delhi and Gurgaon. I wish I could perform all over the country, but because of time issues, I can't. The next time I perform in India, it will be in the rest of the cities, for sure.



Bollywood
Firstly, thanks to Shah Rukh Khan, who introduced me to Bollywood. I am very happy to be a part of it now. It's an amazing industry, with a great audience. In India, you have a large audience. Some day, I would love to act in Bollywood movies too; although I am not sure of the kind of movie to be in.

Chumuk Chullo
For my Indian fans, I have sung a song in my new album Stadium called ‘Chumuk Chullo’. It was very challenging to sing the song, especially the pronunciation. But it turned out well.

Favourite Indian singers
I like Sonu Niigaam and Sunidhi Chauhan a lot. They are really big talents over here. India has a wide range of artists. I have collaborated with Aadesh Shrivastava too, and it was a great experience.

Inspiration 
I usually get inspired when I am traveling. I have recorded so many songs while I am travelling. In my next album, Stadium, you will hear a lot of travel songs. I am sure Indian tourists will connect with my songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...