Tuesday 31 May 2011

Saif hopes to jam with Parikrama this month


 Saif Ali Khan loves being on stage as the singer-guitarist for Parikrama. He was supposed to jam with the Indian rock band at a concert in New Delhi last month. But his shooting schedule and trip to the French Riviera didn't permit him.

"I've been busy with Agent Vinod. Then I had to air-dash to Cannes. There was just no time for rehearsals," sighs Saif, who is part of the band's new gig. "Hopefully, I should be able to make it this month, though we haven't fixed on any dates yet. It's been a while since I played in public."
The actor first performed with the band in the capital on December 18, 2005 at a corporate carnival for a liquor brand he endorses. In 2010, he did a four-city rock concert tour with bands Strings and Parikrama that kicked off in Bangalore on January 18. This was followed by appearances in Mumbai (January 20), Kolkata (January 25) and Delhi (January 27).
A trained pianist and a passionate guitarist, Saif enjoys playing music to a live audience, which prompts the question of whether he will rope in Parikrama for his home production, Agent Vinod that is targeting a December 9 release. Like Salman Khan, who is gearing up for a Ready concert, can we also expect Agent Vinod galas?
"It's too early to comment on this since there's almost six months to go for my film to open. But it's a thought. Maybe I could even shoot a music video with them," he muses. "I've never gone into a promotional overdrive for any of my films. I know that marketing is important, but I believe that if a film is good, it will publicise itself."
There has been some talk about him and his girlfriend Kareena Kapoor making their relationship official post Agent Vinod's release. Apparently mother Sharmila Tagore too wants to see them married. "Yes, she's impatient to see all her children married, but she also understands that the film is my priority right now," says Saif, adding, "Kareena too has some big releases - Bodyguard, RA.One, Agent Vinod - lined up this year. But touch wood, marriage will happen too."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...