Sunday 15 May 2011

Deepika Prays For Rajni's Return


Deepika Padukone recently finished shooting for the first schedule of Rajinikanth-starrer Rana, Prakash Jha's Aarakshan with Amitabh Bachchan, and Desi Boyz with Akshay Kumar. "Just the fact that I get to work with two legends like Amitji and Rajni sir, despite being completely unplanned in this one year, makes it worthwhile already," says the actor.

The second schedule of Rana, which she will film around June-July with the southern superstar, is keeping her anxious, though. For now, she has wrapped up a 'heroine only' song for the fantasy movie. "I haven't shot with Rajni sir yet," says Deepika, admitting her nervousness. "Once I get that ball rolling, I'll feel better. I met him on the mahurat and I was overwhelmed. I don't know where he gets his energy from. Though he was unwell at that time, I just couldn't tell," she reveals.
She is now headed to London for a month-and-half-long schedule for Homi Adajania's film, Cocktail. Though the Imtiaz Ali-written film will be her third outing with Saif Ali Khan after Love Aaj Kal (2009) and Aarakshan, she chooses to keep the genres separate. "Aarakshan is more of a political drama. Saif and I come together in a proper love story only for the second time in Cocktail," says the 25-year-old, who doesn't reveal much about the film except that it's a story of three friends. As the brand ambassador for Neutrogena, the actor was witness to the creation of a Guinness World Record at the MMRDA grounds on Thursday as 1,056 people stood together and created the world's largest umbrella mosaic, beating the standing Swedish record of 1,026 people.
Though Deepika made an appearance at the Cannes Film Festival last year, she has no regrets about missing it this time. The French Riviera is where a lot of her competitors have paced themselves this yearAishwarya Rai, Sonam Kapoor, Mallika Sherawat... Revealing that she has received a few offers from international film industries, she says, "I'm open to doing world cinema, but it has to be a good offer. Nothing interesting has come my way yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...